Re: Whoopee

In a message dated 9/30/04 6:19:05 PM, holmesbm@usit.net writes:

<< .I never was good at using a
thimble and maybe that is the problem. >>

Bonnie, I cannot use a thimble other than quilting.  This is the part I like
the best and do the best.  Entering competition is a learning lesson but also
requires bearing the sole.  My first quilt I entered was a challenge, my own
design, not sq and now unbelievably poorly done but I rcd a judges award.
    My second was a log cabin wall hanging and the logs were placed so as to
simulate   geometric hearts.  I hand pcd the logs as I didn't think I could do
it by machine and then hand quilted the logs.  Members of my small group ask
why I would tackle something so difficult and today I would say the same.  I
got viewers choice award.  Now I look at it and think how poorly it was done
    Remembering one of my first shows I entered, judge commented on the need
of sq corners and this is always a frequent comment for other quilters.  A
comment I rcd at this show was how nice my mitered corners were which is a
cherished comment to me.
    So many quilters in our area create tops and have them quilted by a long
arm service.  At this point I can't imagine doing that but I am sure the day
will come when I can not see well enough to hand quilt.