Re: Re: FWIW

I have no idea what is the trend in your neck of the woods.... but here,
most gardencenters 'fall events' are nothing more than a bale of straw
and few scarecrows along with a sale to get rid of some items they don't
want to overwinter.

This nursery is a tad different, but thinking it would be similiar to
you. Personalization!.... They 'know' every customer, or if you are new,
get to know you. They take an interest in your 'home garden' so they can
recommend items that will work.

Their events are also not the ordinary store bought snacks on a table.
Everything is homemade, presented in a setting, with additional tables
and chairs (with linen/lace table clothes) so you can enjoy the
snacks!... many simple things that make a world of difference in your
attitude while there...and of course the live music pipped throughout
the nursery is also nice.

And another thing that might be of interest.... at the last event
(seminair days) in his opening thanks for coming speach, he thanked his
staff, family and friends for making this happen... seems many were NOT
on the payroll that day and had donated their time, resources, to make
it happen.

Seems like they treat their customers like friends..... not just ring up
the sales, which of course are numberous... nice trade off IMHO. They
also feature healthy plants, a vast assortment, including some rarer
things. He is forever asking for my lists to review based on plants
suggested from this e-list. He may even join our group here over the
winter when he has time to breathe.

Donna