Andrea/Fine Gardening/Salvia

Andrea, rcd the plant list. Many I have not heard of so will need to do some
web searching.  Thank you!
    Just rcd my Dec Fine Gardening which is their 100th issue.  They gave the
best 100 reader tips by issue.  Issue 76 was one I had sent in regard to
wintering over the sweet potato tuber.
    Now, I just dug my Salvia Black & Blue and it does create a tuber.  Has
anyone had experience wintering this over as a tuber only?  If so, this would
be one less pot, more room & less watering for the winter.  I am going to
experiment.
    Ceres