Re: In a nut shell--Today's event at the nursery.

I planted one this past year from a seedling so I too may end up with a female. I decided that it was worth the beautiful leaves and the fall color. I did change my mind as to where to put it though. I started out with it by the driveway then decided that it would be nicer if it is a female if it was further away from the house. I kept it where I can look through a Shumard oak (red fall color) to the Ginkgo(yellow fall color).
----- Original Message ----- From: <Zemuly@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] In a nut shell--Today's event at the nursery.

In a message dated 10/11/2004 6:27:18 PM Central Standard Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:

Was also  curious about going back to get a ginkos (sp?)..looked nice,
but couldn't  remember the conversation here about it.

I don't remember the conversation, either, but I just love ginkgoes. They
deer don't eat them, and they provide beautiful fall color. I have two -- one
from an organic nursery and one I grew from the seed of one over my aunt's
grave. Since one or both could be female I might be in for a real experience
in about 20 years. <LOL>
zone 7
West TN