RE: Re: Re: Re: Heating the indoors, the yard outside, too...and a question...

We pretty much have to keep an even temperature in the house for momma.  The
geothermal swings from heat to cool as necessary.  The system hasn't been
running much.  That puts a lower supply of readily available hot water into
the cycle.  The geothermal supplements the heating of the hot water heating,
so it rarely has to run, except in spring and fall when the geothermal isn't
doing much.

It's a raw day outside with more than brisk winds and light mist and very
grey skies.  I went to Lowes to help Bill pick up wood for scare crows the
grandboy volunteered him to make and found a few things at half price there.
I got a Queen Anne hydrangea for $13 in a 5 gallon bucket, an Arrowood in a
3gal bucket for $3.50, a purple wintercreeper in a quart container for $.75
and a Sungold Threadbranch Cypress (chamaecyparis pisifera 'SunGold.' For
$2.50 in a one gallon pot.  Has anyone grown the cypress I got?  I'm trying
to decide whether it would work in front of the Walnut trees out in front of
the South side of the property facing the 50 mph street.  If it grows the
8'X12' that the tag says, that would block a lot of noise and be low enough
the power company won't be whacking at them all the time.  How fast do they
grow?  I could afford to get several to interplant in front of the house if
they will do what I'd like.

I shouldn't have spent the money, but it truly was a thing for the weary

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)