Re: what's blooming?/ mulch

I have not grown Calochortus myself. If memory serves correctly that is a western bulb in origin. Would not be the cold so much as winter moisture that would do it in.... rot from combination of wet and cold.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Gene, we were discussing Calochortus bulbs. I've read that they do not
like freeze/thaw cycles and many references say Zones 6-9 so they might
be marginal for me. I was hoping an extra layer of mulch might help.