From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Gene Bush
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:06 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] what's blooming?

Well, Kitty,
    Down here in the sunny southern portion of Indiana the Monkshoods
still going strong. Three different species that ended up blooming at
same time. Whenever they bloom they are most welcome.... one will
go well into mid to late November in bloom.
Asters still going strong, both the tartan aster and one of its hybrids
called Lavender Lake. Geranium Rozanne if in full bloom.. has been since

May. Obedient plant is about to finish up for the year. Anemones for
have just a few scattered blooms remaining. May be gone by this weekend.

Toadlilies are completed now, many have good seed set for the first time
years. Still have a few Gentiana in bloom, but less this year than in
past. Summer was just too hot and dry too long. Forced things into
    Hardy cyclamen are in full bloom as yet and now the foliage is
the bloom. I have some nice Christmas Tree pattern foliage on the ivy
cyclamen that sure is putting on a nice show. Cyclamen coum are perking
right along as well.
    Hellebore are kicking into active growth now with new foliage coming
Bloomstalks are beginning on Hellebore foetidus.
    Still well worth a walk in the garden... in between rain storms
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana