Leaf Collection

Wednesday am as I left for work my neighbor from whom I always take
leaves was raking her leaves and putting them in bags for that day's
garbage pickup. She did so most likely because we were excpecting rain
which we didn't get. While at work I was thinking about whose leaves I'd
steal this year since there were none close to me as there had been in
previous years. There were plenty of leaves piled on grass strips
adjacent to curbs 2 blocks from me, but that seemed a long distance to
drag my tarp back and forth.

So last night I tied my tarp to the back of my Suzuki - and tied a
second tarp to the first one, rolled the whole thing up into the back of
the car, closed the gate, went around the block and pulled up alongside
the leaves. I unrolled the tarp, raked the leaves onto it and then just
dragged them home. Worked like a charm! The last load I left on the
tarp, unhitched it and dragged to my compost bins. Minimal effort for a
bounty of leaves. If it doesn't rain today I'll try for a few more loads
tonight.

My only problem is that this is early for me - I haven't yet emptied the
12X15 tender plant bed out front. That's where I usually dump the leaves
and shred them before depositing in final locations. I'll have to work
on that before I can collect much more. I did check first to be sure the
shredder will work and it started right up.

Kitty