Re: germination temps was: hum....

Well, Dirr should know whereof he speaks.  Would be interesting to do
an experiment and see, tho', wouldn't it?  Like some outside to ride
with the weather and some in the fridge and see what percentage of
germination you get out of each.

Ack is right.  In my experience, there's no such thing as a cheap
boiler repair.  Been there; done that....even replaced our original
about 4 or 5 years ago.  New one is about half the size of the
original one, which was put in in the mid 70's....and twice (at
least) as efficient.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade, Suite101.com
Shadyside Garden Designs

> From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com>
>
> In this case it sounds like Nyssa sylvatica is an exception -- you
get much
> better germination with constant cold temperatures.  And since it's
Mike