Re: powdery mildew on crepe myrtle

Auralie, if you mulch them with coffee grounds, you'll probably get rid of the slugs [unless you use decaf].

On Oct 12, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

Marge, if personal experience is what impresses you most, I'll add mine with
milk. I have numerous miniature roses planted in containers around my
breezeway and beside the driveway. Each week when we shop, we get
a gallon of milk, but usually have about a quarter of it left by the next
week. We fill the container of leftover milk with water - this will be
a 1 to 4 ratio - maybe 1 to 5. We just pour the watered-down solution over
the roses. Haven't had a speck of mildew or black spot since we began
to do this several years ago. Slugs are about the only problem we have
with the roses.

In a message dated 10/12/2005 12:49:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,