Re: powdery mildew on crepe myrtle

Where would I fing lava sand?  I've never seen it around here.  DE doesn't
do anything - I've tried that for various pests with no affect. One person
tells me to use crushed egg shells, but we don't eat eggs either, or not
often.  I use about a half dozen a month in cooking.  I won't use the
commercial slug bait because of the pets and wildlife.  It's been so dry
this summer that they haven't been as bad as some years.  I go out
early in the morning with a salt shaker and dispose of any that are out
in the dew that way. I don't mind putting salt in the breezeway - it's
really a gravel base with stepping stones, anyway, and the salt helps
keep down some of the weeds that grow in the gravel.

In a message dated 10/12/2005 1:08:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,