"wounds of warped smiles"
"sun rains down/Hitting the earth/With thunderous pounds of joy"

and to whomever asked, yes, I think he is committed to following his grandfather into oblivion. His mother says he is much taken by the gibberish I've written. My only hope would be that at some point he moves beyond the awe of theism to the grandeur of realism. But that's a matter of usually lonely intellectual growth that one needs to be a tad older than 12 years to cope with.

On Oct 14, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Wow.....he is a gifted young man!!!

12--almost 13. 7th grade at Sidwell Friends.

On Oct 13, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Lynda Young wrote:

Well, I'm impressed! And how old is your grandson, Jim? What a lovely
spirit he must have.

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:42 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Grandson

Got the following message from my DIL today. FWIW.

"A few weeks ago, [my grandson] Gabriels chorusmaster told the
Childrens Chorus of Washington about several childrens choirs in New
Orleans whose members had been scattered all over the country because
of
the hurricanes, making it unlikely they would be able to regroup. One
child apparently said that not being able to sing with his choir made
him thirsty. Gabriel identified with that specific loss, among all
the
devastation, and decided to write a poem for those children and their
choirs...."

Hope

A brilliant ocean
Dancing light
Sparkles with life
Healing wind blows over your face
And wounds of warped smiles
Wash away in tides of stillness
The rhythm of the water against the battered beach
Pounds a beat
Into a mind healing song
That wishes your worry away
Clouds clear
Then sun rains down
Hitting the earth
With thunderous pounds of joy
A leaping blue sky caresses the sun
A choir of voices can be heard again
The thirsty plant
Inside your soul
Is thirsty no more
And blooms with many thanks
Hallelujah, I can live again
Hallelujah, I can sing again

Dedicated to the city and choirs of New Orleans
Gabe Singer
9/30/05

Island Jim
Southwest Florida