To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Sambucus "Black Beauty & Black Lace"

Good luck, Tricia
I have native sambucus growing on my property, but can not seem to get the hybrid or cultivars to establish them selves. Mostly they have simply died in the transplant. The ones who have survived struggle, loose all their foliage, look burned out. Have tried them both in shade and sun. Same story. perhaps others have different experiences... sure hope so. I have about given up on having all that "black" foliage. It is dramatic.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
I just saw a couple of pictures of these too shrubs. Wow... has anyone seen them yet?
Sambucus "Black Beauty" has been out since 2000 but "Black Lace" is coming out in 2006.
I get a newsletter from About.com Gardening Guide that has an interesting article on "Black Foliage Shrubs to Add Color to Your Garden".
If you are interested I can forward the e-mail to you.
I love Elderberries anyway and this one looks exciting.
zone 6b
western Ok