Re: Happy birthday Marge + a bit of catch up

Kitty wrote:

Over the last couple of years several of my fluoresent shop lights have died
on me.  I just threw out 3 more last week and 2 of the ones I'm still using
only have one side that works.  I wonder why they crap out like that.  The
ones in the garage have been going fine for 15-20 years.
Are the ballasts the old-fashioned kind (ones with the small cylindrical
aluminum starters) or the newer electronic ones without starters ? If the
former, have you tried changing starters ? If the latter, likely new
ballast(s) are required. I've never had to get a new electronic type, only
change *to* them from the old.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher