Re: Ball gardens....design

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ball gardens....design
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:57:23 -0600

Noreen, there is design and there is design.

There's "professional Landscape design that has  everything to do with the
plants "
and then there's people who buy (or don't even do that) all those design
books and magazines and design their own gardens.  I'm sure many of those
self-designers are interested in the plants too, but in general, many of
those who design their own landscapes just want a pretty face to show
passersby.

And then again, as to professional Landscape designers, they are not all
dedicated to the plants.  I've seen plenty of professionally designed home
landscapes that are just terrible.  Some are cookie cutter types, some have
trees that will be huge planted 4 feet from the house, many show no
imagination whatsoever.

I'm not bashing all designers.  Design is important, but not everybody can
agree on what is critical to a design.  Lots of differing priorities.
Remember, design is not the exclusive territory of professional designers.

Kitty