Re: weather

That's what it was outside when I got up this AM--57 degrees. Brrrr.

On Oct 26, 2005, at 1:01 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Ha! I still haven't turned my heat on Pam. Woke up to 57 degrees in the
house today. A hot shower and hot coffee insulates me just fine. A
sweatshirt is adequate coverage for now.

Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
Buy a winter coat yet? It's cold here this morning, had to drag my old
faithful pea coat out and way too early I might add.

On 10/25/05, Andrea Hodges <raider843@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have to say, this year fall is nice welcome to Illinois. The colors
here are absolutley stunning. It's very surreal for me at times because
this is a totally new experience. Some of these trees look like they are
on fire.

I got my shop lights hung and all of my plants except the mums moved
into the basement as I expect it to frost any time now. I guess the fall
color here is better Auralie because after major dry weather for most of
the summer the month of August was pretty rainy here according to my
sister. When I came to visit in September everything was really green
and pretty. She said it has been brown and dead looking for weeks prior.

I'm enjoying the cool weather, although it is taking some getting used
to. I'm just glad I have my little basement full of plants so I can go
play with them during the winter!

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
After a summer of serious drought, we are having a fall of excessive
rainfall. I have said I would never complain of too much rain, but
this is getting to be more than enough. At least I don't have to
worry about trees and shrubs going into the fall without enough
moisture.
Fall color is finally developing, though not as bright as usual. I'm
sure that is the result of the drought summer. Many trees have just
turned brown. I don't quite know why it is so late. When my son and
his family visited from Colorado last year so he could show his
western wife our beautiful fall colors, they were spectacular on
Columbus day. This year at that date there were only occasional
spots of color. Now, two weeks later, it is beginning to look bright.

We dodged a bullet on frost night-before-last. The temperature in the
morning was 34 degrees. I haven't managed to get my big plants in
yet - thought I had a man coming to help, but he hasn't come yet.
Now that it is raining, frost is not so immanent, but could happen any
night. Oh well, it's time. I may lose a few big plants, but maybe it
is time to let them go, too.
Auralie - NYZ5

Andrea H
Petersburg, IL