Re: OT- ovens/ranges

not regional, I don't think. They are called both here. Also, Theresa's message seemed to indicate that oven is also synonymous w both stove and range, but to me the oven is the bottom part of a stove. Or an oven can be purchased separately but has no cooktop surface.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT- ovens/ranges

LOL - Kitty I think it's a regional thing.   Like hoagies, sub sandwiches,
grinders - whatever.  All the same thing just a different name.

Sounds like a terrific deal Theresa! OK, stupid question time. When did
stoves begin being called ranges? Why 'range'? To me, that's where the
deer and the antelope play.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5