To: "GardenChat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 11:20 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OT- ovens/ranges

Hi all-

Tomorrow AM I am off to Roseville to buy a new range. The one we have is just rather lousy- came with the house- I'm sure it is the one they installed when they built this subdivision. Anyway- you ask why I'm bothering to post this to the group...

Just in case someone else out there is considering a new oven, BestBuy is discontinuing carrying the Siemens line of appliances- so they are on super clearance. I'm getting a gas convection range that is usually $1700 for $650. It took some calling to find a store that still had one, but I did (it is the floor model, but still warranteed and I can get BestBuy's extended 5-yr service plan for another $99- which I plan on getting) and it's not too far away. Heck, they even will deliver it to the house free and the guy on the phone claims I'll get $160 BestBuy gift card also (I'm rather skeptical about this- I'll find out tomorrow).

I am just so happy about this! We were at our local BestBuy and I noticed they had a floor model Siemen's dual-fuel range on display for even cheaper- but the dual-fuel requires a 240volt electical plug in addition to gas hook-up. Well, I wasn't so jazzed about the idea of having to install a 240 outlet in the kitchen though. So- getting the gas-only model was a much better option for me.

I'll keep you all posted on my bargain oven shopping after I get home tomorrow.

Theresa