Re: OT- my daughter and Wallace./and Son from Iraq..

Great news about Neal, Jesse. I remembered your saying he was coming home in October, but I'm glad to know when. I'll be thinking about you all. As for your daughter, at 18 forgiving oneself is pretty hard. Heck, at 64 it's not much easier. I can really identify with what she's feeling.
zem

To: "Gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 8:50 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OT- my daughter and Wallace./and Son from Iraq..

Thank you all for the kind e-mails this week regarding my daughter and
Wallace. Ceres asked how old my daughter is. She is 18 years old. This
happened on Monday and she is STILL in a funk and cries at the drop of a
hat. I feel so bad for her. The other puppy that we got at the same time
we got Wallace has been despondent and lost. It's hard to bounce back
from something like that. Knowing my husband, he'll bring home some
other dog (which I asked him not to do - you can never replace a friend,
and we have four other dogs) but Wallace was his dog and he really loved
him. So...we trudge along still.

On a good note, my son will be returning from Iraq on Oct. 13th and I
will be flying out there to greet him. I am really looking forward to
that day.