Re: NY storm- roll call time!

Thanks for asking, Donna.  All of us live in the eastern part of the state,
and the snow was in the other end of this long state.  It's cold here, and
will probably freeze tonight, but quite clear.
We were at a garden club symposium in Binghamton this week, and
spent last night near there visiting our son who lives in the area.  There
was a bit of sleety rain last night, but this morning was brilliantly clear
with the temperature just near freezing.  We had an incredibly beautiful
drive back across RT. 17 through the Catskills.  The colors there are
about at the peak.  Surprisingly, when we came down into the Hudson
Valley, we found the colors were not nearly so far along.
We had a rather unpleasant surprise when we returned.  We were having
the furnace replaced - that's a whole 'nother story = and the workman
had promised to finish the job while we were gone.  We had been
without hot water the weekend before we left,  so were looking forward
to having things ready for us to get back to normal - wash piles of
laundry, etc.  Well, the workman was here, but had somehow thought
we were coming back tomorrow, so had spent the week on another
job.  He's still here at 7:00 PM.  The furnace is installed, but none of
the radiatiors work - air locks or something.  The temperature is
falling - in the low 40s already - and the house is quite chilly.  Chet
has made a fire in the fireplace, but he has been putting off buying
firewood, and we only have a small amount left from last year.  Oh
well.
Anyway, we didn't have the snow at this end of the state.  Thanks for
asking.  Now I'd better check with my friends from Buffalo who were
heading back last night from the meeting. I hope they all made it
home safely.
Auralie

In a message dated 10/13/2006 3:49:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,