To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:47 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OT- am I making a mistake?

As many of you know- I have been in the clean out the clutter mode.....
looking room by room at everything in it, and getting rid of 'stuff'.
(My house is to the breaking point with 'stuff'!) I am tired of saving
junk that I might need sometime...or just kept for who knows what

So, before I toss, garage sale, or other means of getting rid of, my question is to the collectors of other stuff in this group.

TY beanie babies- like the ones from McDonalds, as well as others that were just cute and had to come home- any worth to them?

How about football stuff...like a bear's starter jacket from the 80's?
Duh- when ever they won the super bowl.... the darn thing is like brand
new since just after I got it- they started that mugging to get them
back then.....so rarely (read about 2-3 times) worn. Didn't even know I
still had it- found it this weekend...sigh.

I saved all the junk from the D56 25th anniversary celebration- you know
that pendent, duck camera, and all the other trinkets we got..... worth

How about decking boards? I seriously have enough to do MANY decks as
additions were built and other had to be un-assembled and
removed.(although I did talk Vera into taking some)....not to mention
screen houses, patio furniture.....

Continuing on, I also found canceled checks from 1952 from sports
stadiums along with the vouchers of what they paid hockey and other
teams.... a zillion S& H green stamps (seriously,books of them)..... two
houses ago, I had a wall of antique kitchen type stuff....and the list
goes on....

I am not an ebay person... tried looking some of this stuff up, but didn't get far.....

So, if you owned this junk (and many of you probably do)- how would you
get rid of it... anything worth money before I give it away or toss it

who only made it thru one spare bedroom and 1/8 of the basement and an
assessment of the back of the yard...sigh, who knows what else I will