From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of pdickson
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:09 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gettin' cold

Cyndi,
I too have so many peppers that I need to get picked.  I had planted
some fall tomatoes then when I went off to Houston we had a frost.  The
leaves are all mush.  I have not yet picked the green fruit.  In the
past I have picked them and put them in cardboard boxes with newspapers
in between...
but I read that if you hang the entire plant they will keep that way
too.
Which is better?  I pulled up an entire pepper plant and took it to my
neighbor... she is a fellow gardener... she was excited to share with
friends at work.  It is funny how easy it is to share what looks like
too much work to keep!
Let me know what you think of the garden you are visiting.  When I visit
my sister in CA we are always looking for neat gardens to visit.
Tricia
zone 6b
western Ok