Re: help determining measurements

From my experience I believe that only vitamines A and E are measured in IUs, and they are always measured that way. I don't even know what they are except that one IU must be very small. Now I'm sure I've been no help at all. :o)
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 3:43 PM
Subject: [CHAT] help determining measurements

I have no trouble with most conversions, their are plenty of conversion calculators on the internet. What I am having difficulty with is converting units on vitamin supplements.

I researched on the internet what vitamins and minerals would help a problem I have with my hair. No one seems to want to agree on the RDA for some items and some use metric measurements while others use IU, which I think are International Units. How do I compare IU with the mg requirements I've found?

I did go shopping and found some hair formulas, but none contained everything so I had to buy a few things separately, but I think I have it all now. I sure hope so as I am really losing it.

neIN, Zone 5