Re: Happy Birthday Marge

How wonderful to hear from you! I thought about you this evening when I repotted one of the pink brugs. All the ones you sent have been so pretty this summer. I haven't brought all my plants in yet, either, but I'm working on it.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Birthday Marge

Incredibly belated thanks for your kind wishes gang - and I send my
belated best wishes to all of you whose natal days I have missed in
the past several months....I haven't been on this box downloading
email with any regularity lately and when I do, it comes in like an
avalanche!  By the time I get through deleting all the junk, I end up
with either no time or no energy to read or post.  I keep saving the
list messages in hopes that I'll get to read them one of these
years:-)  Just wish I had time to chat with all of you...but I try to
at least skim subject lines to sorta find out what's going on.

Been nailed to the workstation all summer and have not gotten where I
wanted to be at this point ref. finding a new place and getting this
one on the market, let alone getting all my garden dug up...but I
keep on truckin' and hope to get where I wanna be one of these days.
We go out to look at another piece of property tomorrow...we shall
see.  It has a lot going for it except it's in VA and tho' I've lived
a good bit of my life in VA; not sure I want to move back just now;
more hassle than just moving within state, of you know what I mean.

Have hysterically gotten tender plants under cover; my big brugs are
just about too big to deal with now (I'm so glad the cuttings I sent
around seem to have been growing well for those who got them) - just
finished moving about 5 tons of stone dust that has been piled in the
parking area for a few years, so I can get a big truck load of mulch
in to bury pots in for winter - almost have the ground cleared
adjacent to where the truck can get in; hope to get that here this
week as I need to get a LOT of pots bedded in and then keep in
digging and potting before it gets too cold to do it.

Won't bore you with all the frustrations of the past few months, but
will note that removing insulation from crawlspaces and crawling
under decks that have an 18-24" clearance to repair drainage issues
is not among my favorite pastimes; got a lot more insulation that's
gotta come out and be replaced to go....yech!  I am not doing the
replacement, but the price I was quoted for the removal was as much
as the replacement - too much!   Had to get what I did get out so I
could get an electrician in here to find out what was wrong with the
line that controlled the lights and fan in my kitchen, laundry lights
and lights in DH's handicapped toilet!  Did that and just haven't had
a chance to get back to that lil' chore.  Lotsa fun!

Auralie....ref your 'What a Mess' -I hafta say that you must have the
patience of Job...'fraid I'd have told all those masterminds exactly
where they could go and what means they could use to arrive at that
destination - and then, like Zem, I would probably have been arrested
for wreaking bodily harm on the lot of them:-)  At this point in my
life, I have absolutely no patience with the male ego when it tries
to assert itself; been having to take all responsibility for
everything for too many years with a partner who's enjoying sitting
in his chair to put up with any male ego from any male:-)  I would
most definitely be proposing a change in garage sides - your beloved
DH created the situation and he should get the full enjoyment from
it:-)   53 years is a looong time; guess you've sorted out how to
deal and more power to you....I'da throttled him.

Marge

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Shadyside Garden Designs