Re: Back to nature

Amazing. Did you have Nora neutered?

On Oct 4, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Yeh..we have one right now that we've had since she was 3 weeks old (bottle fed - I snuck her to work with me). She is 7 years old now. When she was little, we had her in a cage in the house and she grew up with the dogs. She was constantly opening up the dog's mouths, digging into ears, tearing my potted plants apart. Very curious. I have a friend at work who comes out to my place to spin fiber with me, and she always brings Nora (the racoon) an apple or treat and she is amazed by her soft little paws and how she pats us on the cheeks in thanks for her nummies.

WOW - it just dawned on me...I've known you all longer than 7 years!!! I got Nora after we moved to Oklahoma. That means I've known folks on this list for almost 10 years now. Amazing!

  They are smart--and curious. Many years ago, I went to a party at the
home of the publisher of the Hilton Head "Island Packet." One of the
young ladies--perhaps the publisher's daughter, perhaps not--had a baby
raccoon. For some reason, the animal got up on my shoulder almost as
soon as I got there. It spent most of the evening examining my ears,
first one, then the other, then back to the first again. I have no idea
why. The woman I was with, who was the Washington correspondent for the
Packet, thought it was trying to discover if it could see all the way
through.