To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Baby chics update...

Well, I have three hens and a rooster, and five babies - and I'm not sure
if they will be chickens or roosters!!!  I don't know how to sex them when
they are this young.  But I will tell you that I'm pretty sure two of them
are hens because of the way they scratch around.  And the youngest (and
tiniest of all) is a rooster I think.  He chases the guineas (that are 4
or 5 times his size) and other chics around like he's boss hog.  He
reminds me of that little chicken hawk up against Foghorn Leghorn.  He
just has no fear and does NOT want to be handled, thank you very much.

Wow..your drought situation sounds pretty bad Daryl.  I'll try to send
some rain your way!!