Re: New Family Member

Well congrats on the new furry friend in your home. I'm sure they will work it out and enjoy each other. I'm currently in the holding pattern to see how my siamese cat adjusts after loosing Chessie this week. He's still looking for her. He used to drive her crazy pestering her, but clearly he misses her alot. I'm going to wash everything this weekend so that it doesn't smell like her anymore and see if that does the trick. He plays some with my other cat George, but somehow that isn't the same, even thought they are buddies.
We'll see.

Daryl wrote:
As you know, we had to have Buddy put to sleep just after Labor Day. He and
Diesel had played "chase" since we
brought Diesel into the house, and Buddy played with him until just a week or
so before his death.

Diesel tried and tried to get Dreyfuss to play, but with Dreyfey's bad
back/nerves it was difficult for both. Diesel was bored and lonely and
Dreyfuss was miserable from being teased. Diesel would get Buddy to play by
tapping him on the nose and dodging away. When Buddy didn't play with a simple
tap, Diesel would bite his butt, then run, until Buddy would get into the

 When we had Dreyfuss to the vet a couple of weeks ago, Dr. Keller thought
that a kitten might be easier on him than another dog. We put off a decision,
waiting for peace in the animal kingdom. It got to the point where Dreyfuss
was cringing every time Diesel came near.

On Sunday, after grabbing Diesel to keep him from torturing Dreyfuss several
times both before and after church, I was going through some old freecycle
email and found a post from a woman who had found 4 kittens, and that they
were healthy and had had their first shot. On a whim, I emailed to see if she
had any left. She had 2, a male and a female. I sent Bill to see whether
either would suit him. He brought Rascal home.

He's a cuddler. Sleeps (the little he sleeps) on my neck or chest  or lap and
purrs like crazy. After a bit of hissing and growling, he and Diesel seem to
be getting along fine, though Diesel doesn't like Rascal using "his" litter
box. I bought a spare yesterday.