Re: new friend

I think Auralie is right about another box, for whatever the reason. There have been a few times I've had to resort to setting up a second box for awhile. Jack used to think it was great fun to lie in wait and spring on his unsuspecting fellow cats and scare the bejesus out of them as they exited the box. Braveheart said the heck with that and went somewhere else. I set up another box for him in another room and he began using it. After he got over it and Jack got past it, I steered him back to the main box and eventually got rid of the extra one.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 2:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new friend

In a message dated 10/15/2007 11:14:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:

The biggest problem is still the litterbox issue, I am trying a number
of things but someone - my guess is orange cat but I could easily be
wrong - is urinating in a bunch of places that aren't the litterboxes.
The pheromone stuff has not helped, or hasn't helped much. Well...there
are a few more ideas to try but if we can't solve it some lucky cat is
going to end up with a kitty condo outside. And I would really rather
not have to do that.

Cyndi, we have four litter boxes for our four cats. Maybe at least one
more would help.
Seriously, every time I have had a problem with a cat urinating where
it shouldn't, it has eventually turned out to be a urinary infection of
some sort.  In a couple of cases, I was sure the cat was doing it
deliberately as a way of telling me she had a problem