Re: bulb pots

Well... if you use a double layer and offset the layers a quarter inch both ways, you'll have quarter-inch openings.

On Oct 26, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Cornergar@aol.com wrote:

Bonnie, Thanks for the heads up on the bone meal. Should have thought of that
myself.
Kitty, The layer of grit on bulb pots sounds like a winner. Will definitely try that. I think Gene's plan of putting bulbs in boxes of potting medium makes
good sense but I am always so overwhelmed with work in the spring that
anything that can get done in the fall is a bonus. Also need to get everything to saleable size as fast as possible in spring as customers begin to lose interest
about the mid to end of May.
Gene, Thanks for your input too. Still want to make it over your way one of
these days. Too bad making a living takes so much time!
Jim, Am going to try your hardwarecloth cage. Should work 'tho they say all the mice need is a 3/4 inch hole. But maybe they will just get discouraged and
go for something easier.
Anybody know if chipmunks and mice will cohabit a space? I think I have a chip making himself at home in the greenhouse. They're so darn cute and would be
welcome if they would drive off the mice. Thanks all. Kathy

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10