Re: autumn dusk

I love that intense light at dusk. Do you live in country that's flat or hilly? I grew up in a mountain valley & had never really experienced dawn or dusk on a prairie until I was driving through Southern Idaho to visit friends. I was blown away by that flat intense light. I planted a little group of snapdragons this spring that are just gorgeous now. I hope they come back in the spring. They often do here. Saffron crocus are starting to bloom also. Maybe I will actually harvest & use the threads this year. Still off work with this cold & bronchitis. I'd like to get a flu shot soon, but it wouldn't be as effective with all this going on, so I'll hold off another week or two.
Hope you are all staying well & enjoying autumn.
Judy B z6 Idaho slightly warmer this week
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:25 PM
Subject: [CHAT] autumn dusk

TG for daylight savings time. I can still get a few things done b4 dark. It's 7:20 and dark is settling, but a few moments ago I was just finishing pulling some dead ivy off the fence for tomorrow's trash pickup. Racing against the clock, I carried a bag to the front and I was amazed at how rich the colors of the flowers were at dusk. Different from summer dusk. Intense. Wow. Anemone Bodnant Burgandy against Euphorbia Tasmanian Tiger. The changing colors on a Viburnum. Amazing. And that unstoppable perennial Snapdragon Dulcinea. Her rose and yellow flowers just glow!

neIN, Zone 5

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.526 / Virus Database: 270.8.0/1723 - Release Date: 10/13/2008 6:42 PM