Re: cat news

Thanks, Betsy, for your input.  Pinkerton is set for surgery on  Friday.  She
is on antibiotics again now.  Dr. said they would not  know what type (?) of
stone it is till then.  One type can be controlled by  diet regulation, the
other comes back......didn't say what to do about that  one.   I assume
calcifications and stones are the same?  Xrays  show a couple spots on the kidneys.
Not sure why the urgency for surgery  then, if there is a chance they could
shrink on their own?  We didn' t put  her on any special diet after the kidney
infection the first time.   Hmmm......never had anything like this from younger
cats.  My first group  (Flaksey etc.) never had any ailments at all, nothing,
until they were quite old  (over 10)....this is a bit alarming from a cat so
young.

Other problems I'm seeing with this group this time is cysts on the skin
under the chin/neck that rupture.  First time I saw this, I almost  died....there
was blood everywhere.  Vet didn't seemed alarmed, said it was  comon benign
cysts.   Never had that with the last group  either....this time it's happened
twice already.  This whole group is under  5 years of age.

Noreen

In a message dated 10/29/2008 8:15:46 AM Central Daylight Time,