Re: Blowin' in the wind/fall color

  • Subject: Re: Blowin' in the wind/fall color
  • From: "Tricia" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:58:06 -0500

Yesterday was beautiful here. My husband came home at noon so we could work on cutting down a 30+ year old pine tree that died suddenly. I didn't want to believe it was dead.... but it is. This is the second time we have cut on it and hauled off 2 trailer load both times I hope we can get the rest of it in maybe 2 or 3 loads. It is getting a bit high for both of us but we are taking a limb at a time, using a pulley and lowering them to the ground. After we quit on that and my husband went to play golf and I went to the church to plant 5 flats of pansies. Whew!!!!!! Almost ran out of places to put them. If they all live they are going to be beautiful. Color has been beautiful here this fall. I think due to all he rain we got this year. I cut to the ground 2 vitex trees the other day so that I could see 2 Washington Hawthorne trees that are coloring so good this year. I think this is the first time they have had the red berries. I still love the color on the Theresa Bugnet Rose, the best of all the fall color. The rose is just ok when it blooms but the fall color and winter red stems are worth the invasive nature of the plant.
Today is suppose to be WINDY!!!!  I don't plan to work outside at all today.
Tricia
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>