Re: Weather

We have been having extremes all year, heat, dryness, and now setting records for low in October.

ETN Zone 7

From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:35:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

It's certainally contributed to our extreme drought situation.
Summers here are frequently dry, but we usually can count
on the fall hurricane season to bring us rain. So far not this

I was interested in a piece I saw somewhere - can't remember
where I saw it - that quoted someone from the National Hurricane
whatever as saying that this season had been, as predicted, an
unusually strong hurricane season. There had been more named
storms than usual for this time of the year. This statement was
made about the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, and at that point
the alphabetical list was up to about Felix or some such - several
fewer than the anniversary level

Having grown up in the Florida panhandle where hurricanes were
a seasonal event, I always check the National Hurricane website
from midsummer on. In my humble opinion, this season has been
a total bust. We did get some rain from the remains of Nicole, but
that was just a tropical storm - never reached hurricane level.

In a message dated 10/6/2010 9:21:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,