From: "Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI Johnson" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:56:58 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Wow, weather!

We had the biggest thunderstorm I've ever seen in my life yesterday. Of
course, being a southern California native it's not like I've seen a lot
of weather, probably you easterners would just shrug. It was impressive
for us though. Monday night I wasn't feeling well and woke up about 3:30
to rain, lots of lightning but it was a ways off.
Usually t-storms only last a couple hours here. This one never quit. We
had lightning the entire day with rain off and on, mostly on. Since I
was sick at home I watched it all day. Then about 8:00 a really big cell
moved in. All the lightning was cloud to cloud and it was continuous,
like a strobe light, just flash-flash-flash-flash, the thunder just
rolled on and on. We had torrents of water and pea-sized hail. We stood
at the patio door in awe for a good half an hour.
No damage at my house but our dirt road is now eroded again, that
doesn't usually happen until February.