Re: Strange fall weather
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Strange fall weather
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:47:23 -0500

weather has been too awful this whole year as you know.  bird-wise, normally
my year round resident 4 pair of cardinals all hatch broods & the grown
fledglings leave to form their own colonies I guess every year.  but this
year more of them are sticking around, I assume because it's so dry and most
of the vegetation is croaking that they might have ventured off, couldn't
find enough to eat or drink and came "home" where there's fresh water every
day and lots of yummy stuff in the various feeders.  interesting.  most of
the hummers (except one female) have headed south.  I hope my winter flock
of goldfinches come back.  I love watching them and have the nyger and
feeders all ready to put out.  I'll let y'all know if they show up.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX