RE: variegated foliage

It sounds like I need to check into morning glories, especially "tie die."

One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 4:54 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] variegated foliage

Referring back to our disussions earlier this season about variegated
foliage:  Does anyone else grow morning glory 'Tie Dye'?  Talk about
foliage!   Not only are the blossoms flamboyant  - huge, ruffled, streaked
varying patterns - but the leaves have shape and color variations.  The
that get the most sun have definite purplish blotches along with their white

markings.  The markings on both blooms and leaves seem to be totally random,
I think they are a lot of fun.

But another example of the strange weather - the vines are huge - planted in

a large pot in the breezeway they grow all the way up the corner of the
and onto the roof - but there have been absolutely no flowers until this
week. My other morning glories - 'Grandpa Ott's' on the other side of the
breezeway, and gone-to-seedlings all over the vegetable garden - have been
for nearly a month.  Once it started, it has gone all out.  This morning
were 14 "flying saucers" across the garage roof.  Auralie  Z5