Re: bermudagrass wars

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] bermudagrass wars
  • From: cathy carpenter cathyc@rnet.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:53:06 -0500

Not to mention -- nutsedge!!!
On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 09:44 PM, Donna wrote:

Good Luck in the fight :)

I think it is like the saying goes-- the grass is always greener on the
other side of the fence.... Every area has something to conquer to make
the garden grow. Or a gardener who wants to grow something not suited
for their climate and soil type...

Well, I've got to go back to the nursery for lava sand in the morning
but the bermudagrass war starts tomorrow! Got the greensand,
meal and mulch today. Got the kelp meal last week. All the hackberry
saplings and bermudagrass will die or I will trying to eradicate them
this weekend. This stuff is bent on world domination and it's going
- LOL. I may be walking like Fred Sanford by Tuesday, but I plan to
this war. I'll let you know how it goes. Like Noreen told me off list,
this is a very challenging environment to grow anything in. Wonder
people do w/ normal soil??

It's amazing...

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A