RE: soil types and pH/also question/early winter signs?

Not Rich or Cathy-- but wish I could send some your way... I have more
than I need at this moment... been raining close to 48 hours here,
downpours, light rain, then more downpours. Just a tad south of me is
the Kankakee river, which once again has over flowed. Flood warnings
have been out for the last 24 hours. My yard just goes squish, squish
and the back of the property is flooded.... again.... DH drained about
half the pond (close to 5000 gallons) on Saturday, by this morning it
was overflowing....but the sump pump for ground water does help it fill