Re: night blooming cereus

> From: Lynda Young <lyoung@grindertaber.com>
> I like the staking idea, Marge.  That never occurred to me.  I'll
have
> to try it - you are so right about them growing in every direction.
 I'm
> thinking mine bloomed on both old and new growth.  I'll have to go
back
> and check out the pics we took, but there were so many blooms this
year
> some of them must have been on old growth.
----------

Me, too, Lynda - never occurred to me, either...duh:-)  But, I shall
try it this year when I bring Ermentrude back in the house as I will
not cut her back this year to see if I get more flowers next year and
if I don't do something, there will not be room in our bedroom for
the three of us.  Well, if you can figure out whether it's new, old
or both, I will be glad to find out...it's one of those nagging
things.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade