Re: soil types and pH

>From all my classes I have learned it is very difficult to alter your PH.
Ours is neutral 6-7 and many of the plants I would like to grow (rhodies, blue
hydrangea,azealas)  need a higher PH.  Always seems greener on the other side.
    I stated earlier we have heavy clay soil.  The oaks and birches are
having a difficult time in our area because the soil is so heavy they cannot pull
the iron they need but the iron is in the soil.
    The soils on the eastern part of our state are more acidic due to the
limestone bluffs.
    Ceres, Iowa, zone 4/5