From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] night blooming cereus
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:19:45 -0500

Lynda, If you have some to spare, I'd love to have one.
Cathy
On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 08:36 AM, Lynda Young wrote:

Not Marge - but I'll jump in here.  Bonnie, they're absurdly easy to
grow.  Pretty much just plant and water.  Mine is in almost full sun and
gets watered daily during the summer.  This is the fourth year I've had
it and, boy, did it perform this year.  I've had two blooming periods -
once near the beginning of July with about 50 blooms and the latest just
this week.  Monday night we had 35 blooms open and almost as many
Tuesday night.  I think they must enjoy being root bound - in previous
years we've had nowhere near as many blooms.  I overwinter it in a cool
greenhouse but that's going to be problematic this year because it's
gotten so large.  I'm going to have to cut it back drastically.  If you
would like  cuttings let me know and I'll be glad to send you some.

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN