RE: Oryx ok, but Crake?

OK, I did find this, but apparently isn't extinct
Little Crake Porzana parva
A summer visitor to Eastern Europe from eastern Germany and Poland to Ukraine
and southern Russia. Range very patchy in Central and Western Europe with small
pockets in Spain, France and the Netherlands east to Hungary, Bulgaria and
northern Greece.
Most migrate to Africa with small numbers in Egypt and probably elsewhere
around the Mediterranean but little-known due to secretive nature. First
confirmed breeding for Spain occurred in 1995. Occurs on passage in Italy and
South-East Europe, Turkey, the Middle East and North-West and North-East
Africa.
In Britain occurs as a vagrant (c. 100 records) or possibly rare but regular
visitor, most are in the south and east of England in March-May or August-
November but there have been midwinter records. Also recorded in Ireland, north
to Norway and Finland, the Near East and on the Azores, Madeira and Canary Is.
Habitat Freshwater wetlands with extensive vegetation including small pools and
ditches, reedbeds and around the edges of lakes

Kitty
__Original Message__

Gene mentioned the book Oryx and Crake, which I haven't gotten yet.  Oddly
enough though, I was wasting a little time Labor Day channel surfing while I
grabbed a sandwich.  I came across a show on which Jack Hanna was showing a
live Oryx, extinct in the wild and only 200 bred and living in captivity.  I've
been enlightened!  Anyone know what a Crake is?

Kitty