Re: heather was: soil types and pH

> From: Ray & Nora Edwards <raynora.edwards@worldnet.att.net>
> It's one of those mysteries of life Marge. I thought heather was
supposed to
> be so hardy and fool proof, but it's not. There is a long list of
> that bug it. Looks like our long dry hot summer was one of them.

True, Nora.  I think that it's probably hardy and foolproof where it
grows naturally or in climates and situations that are very similar
to it but not everywhere....there seem to be a lot of plants like
that:-)  I've been killing Bergenia for years - and across the pond
they say it's invincible.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :