Re: Ref Books to Learn Which Weeds are Which???

Well, Wendy, I have no real "weed" book, but there are several web
sites with images and info. for more or less common weeds; here are a
few of them:

Perdu University's Common Weeds of No-Till Cropping Systems
http://www.btny.purdue.edu/Extension/Weeds/NoTillID/default.html

Toby's Flowers Identification & Control:  COMMON WEEDS IN TURF
http://www.tobysflowers.com/weeds.htm

British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture, Food & Fisheries Field
Guide to Noxious and
Other Selected Weeds of British Columbia
http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/weedguid/weedguid.htm

University of Illinois Turfgrass Program Midwestern Turfgrass Weed
Identification & Control:
http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/index.htm

California Department of Food & Agriculture Noxious Weed Photographic
Gallery
http://pi.cdfa.ca.gov/weedinfo/photogalleryframeset.html

Blue Mountains Natural Resources Institute Wanted: DEAD!
Noxious Weeds
http://www.fs.fed.us/pnw/bmnri/weeds.htm

National Park Service and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Plant Invaders
of Mid-Atlantic Natural Areas
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/pubs/midatlantic/toc.htm

Rutgers Cooperative Extension N.J. Agricultural Weed Gallery
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/weeds/

Larimer County, Colorado The Thirty Troublesome Weeds of Colorado
http://www.co.larimer.co.us/depts/pubwor/weeds/30weeds/thirty30.htm

University of California Davis  IPM Weed Photo Gallery
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/weeds_common.html

Weed Science Society of America
http://www.weedscience.org/photos/Photodisplayall.asp

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland