From:  [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:14:20 +0000
Subject: [CHAT] MG classes

Each county or state handles the classes differently. Here we have
classes <br>twice a week for 3hrs at a time for 8 to 9 weeks. Equals 51
hours; roughly the <br>same number of volunteer hours expected after the
training. However, some <br>counties conduct their classes in longer but
fewer sessions, even 6 or 8 hour <br>full days. I think that in most
cases the amount of training time is still <br>somewhere between 50 and
65.<br><br>There are a lot of changes taking place in the Indiana MG
program. A new state <br>coordinator is streamlining things and
requiring all districts to meet certain <br>standards and requirements.
Most of these are already met here in Allen <br>County. However, you're
no longer a MG for 'life'. You must volunteer at <br>least 12 hrs each
year and get 6 hrs of education each year to remain <br>certified. A new
logo has been developed to help protect Purdue's control over <br>the MG
name in IN. Any MGs who have stopped turning in hours anytime in the
new badge <br>system will be applied depending on volunteer and
education hours rather than <br>on the previous method of years of
service. I have over 2000 hours of service <br>in but I will get the
lowest badge because I haven't kept up my education <br>hours. I can't
afford seminars and bus trips and the free seminars are always <br>given
during our plant sales which I must work. It looks like I'll have to go
Personally, I <br>don't care what color badge I have, but I can't let
them kick me out!<br>> 9 Wednesdays? We did every Tuesday and Thursday
morning, 9 until 12:30, for<br>> 3 months, January through March.<br>>
J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com><br>> To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 10:50
AM<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re:Guardian angels & car wrecks & fall<br>>

I could do that but I can't afford to take 9 Wednesdays off in a<br>> >
row. Especially since they have the MG course during our busy time.<br>>
> Pity.<br>> <br>>
message text UNSUBSCRIBE

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com