Uh, Hello!

It's been a long time since I've seen ya'll. I hope everybody has weathered the storms, terrorist alerts and other natural disasters.
I wanted to thank everybody for all the nice messages, cards etc. that you sent after my sisters accident. It meant a lot to my family and especially to me. It is comforting to know I have friends all over the country. Thank you very much.

My season for selling hibiscus is just about over. It has been a very good year. I was doing six markets a week since May. Waking up a 3:30am and not getting home sometimes until 5pm. I barely had time to answer customer emails let alone family and friends. Now it's time to plan for next year and in fact I have 2,500 cuttings to pot up in Oct. However, I plan on mixing in a few fishing trips along the way.

It's been an interesting trip. I've given talks at garden clubs, been on the radio and may appear on MSNBC this week. We'll see how that pans out. More than likely I'll end up on the cutting room floor. My next event isn't until Feb. where I'll be with a gardening celebrity for a benefit/gardening show. Then it's on to the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show in March. Pretty busy for a self designated "Type B" personality.

Ok, once again I want to thank you all. You're a wonderful group of people.