RE: garden lighting

I use solar lights that I've purchased from Overstock.com.
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi.   I find that they do well if you
get at least a few hours of sunlight, maybe 4, a day.  Mine stay on until
after midnight.  I haven't checked much later than that!  I have been very
pleased with them as I haven't got access to electric in most of my garden.

I recently did a product trial for Firefly Solar lights for the National
Home Gardening Club.  They are very pretty golden orbs of crackled glass on
a stainless steel stake.  See:
http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1868.  I think they make an
unusual garden ornament, but are rather pricey ($40 each). Very good quality
though, and I got two for free!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7a (Average min temp 5 - 0)