Re: Grit; granite vs. limestone

Donna wrote:
I think we talked about this before- but for what ever reason can't
remember the out come...

Chicken grit- isn't that a somewhere between crushed/chunk type
limestone? Doesn't that change the ph of the soil? Would there be some
concern for really messing with the soil and having worse problems, or
then having to adjust with some chemical of sort to change the ph back?

Depends entirely where you live. If you're in the far midwest where there's
no granite within 1000 miles but is underlain by limestone, then grit is
limestone. If you're in the east where NC granite is easily available,
then you can find granite grit (like me).
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7