Re: return to cabinetry

Richard, what's done is done. I wasn't gonna tell her THAT! <s> But he's right, Kitty. Wood glue is stronger than wood, so it's not likely to let go, and as the wood panel tries to contract and expand with changes in temp and humidity, it *may* pull itself apart.

Wishing Kitty much better luck in kitchens,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard T. Apking" <richa@midlands.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] return to cabinetry

Hi Kitty,

When you glued the door back together, I hope you didn't glue the panel to
the stiles and rails, and just glued the stiles and rails to each other. In
other words, the frame around the panel should be glued, and the panel
should "float" in the frame. If not, the door will probably expand and
shrink istself to death.