Re: Plant Thugs

Microstegium vimenium (Japanese stilt grass):  pale green lance-like leaves
up to 3 inches on thin stems.  Silvery strip of reflective hairs at center
of upper side of leaf.  Can be up to 3 feet tall but often 1/2 to 2 feet.
Sometimes seen as nearly mat-like cover when mowed.  Adapted to shade but
tolerates sun.  Spreads easily and can take over fields and forests quickly
(AMEN).  Seeds remain viable for three years and are easily spread by hay,
soil on shoes, tires, and water.  I will be pulling it forever since we
have to drive through an area of heavy infestation.

http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/micrvimi.html - link to several
pictures.

Bonnie ETN Zone 7